You're certainly welcome to contact me.

E-mail - firelionwarriors@yahoo.com
Twitter - @firelionwarrior

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Today Rain Crashed My Party


     Thunder claps rage in my soul.
     Today Rain came as a rude party crasher.
     "Who invited you, Rain," I angrily ask.
     "Stormy weather," Rain boastfully proclaims.
     "I do not want you at my party – Rain, Rain, go away."
     Smugly, Rain informs, "I am here to toast the dismal atmosphere that arrived with me."
     I stomp furiously –
     "My heart aches from the rainy tempest.  Will you not leave me be?"
     Rain roars with wicked laughter.
     We argue on while all around us my party guests revel in fun because it's not raining on them.  "Why is it that sometimes when it rains, people don't share their umbrellas? Who cares that it's raining on me?"
     While I pondered my Rain misfortune, a strong knock came at the door –
     I left Rain standing in a puddle and went to answer the knock.
     It's Storm Chaser – we call him Chase.  I'm beyond glad to see him.
     Chase confidently strides in, surveys the party scene, glances dismissively at Rain, smiles at me and asks, "May I have this dance?"
     I happily nod and off we go to dance to the song, "Rain Can’t Stay."
     Chased away in defeat, Rain makes a hasty exit.
     We didn't stand Rain to remain any longer than necessary.
     There are "seasons" when we need the Rain, but with its presence the party can continue.  
     Brief interludes of rain can bring renewed appreciation for the SON shine that is inevitable.

Thursday July 8, 2010

Revised Tuesday December 7, 2010

© Copyright 2010

Note: To view this entire blog, please click here www.loveasasignaturestyle.blogspot.com